Fixed Plant Management – Legal Obligations
Understanding you legal obligations for Council and Government compliance
Just a few questions for your thoughts, if you don’t know the answers, you need to call us…today.
Here are a few questions to ask your self,especially if you are self managing a commercial property.
- Do the elevators need to be maintained in a scheduled regime?
- Do the elevator have to be registered with an authority?
- What level of maintenance must they have?
- What happens in a fire?
Elevator Lift Motor Room with a 40 year old Control equipment
- When are you obligated to provide water treatment against Legionnaires Disease
Legionnaires in Cooling Towers
Plumbing RPZ Valves
- What exactly is the RPZ valve?
- Why do we need it tested every twelve months?
- What happens if it fails?
Water tank Inspections
- What water tanks do we have?
- Why do they have to be inspected?
- Where are they and what are they for?
Essential Systems for Life Preservation
- Is the air condition system an Essential System?
- When should we test the emergency lights”
- What do we have to do for the fire stairs pressurization system?
- Does the Fire System turn off the power?
- How often is it tested and how thorough is the test?
Commercial Building Fire system Header
Lease Obligations and Commitments
- What exactly do I have to provide in certifications for the tenants?
- If the tenant wants to build a new wall or make a new room do we have to notify council?
- The tenant has a cooling system for their server room, what are the obligations?
- Are the emergency lights for the tenant and the base building the same?
Anchor Points on the roof for Abseiling
- How often do these points need to be tested?
Work Place Health and Safety
- When Can we perform hot works in the building?
- What if a contractor hurts himself in the building?
- How many insurances do we need from contractors?
- What do we need to provide to the contractors?
- Do tenant contractors have to comply with the facility manager’s rules?
Ventilation minimum Requirements
- If the Air conditioning stops, do we need to evacuate the Building?
- The toilet exhaust fan should run 24/7 or just when the building is occupied
- Should car park fans run when the roller door opens?
- What are the Carbon Monoxide sensors for?
- How often should the fans run and when?
Emergency Egress Systems
- What systems need to comply and why?
- Are the elevators part of emergency egress systems?
The Fire Stair comes to our attention,
- Are you allowed to store equipment or any thing at all in the Fire Stair?
- Are you allowed to use the fire stair as a daily method of egress form your office or apartment?
- Are you allowed to wedge the doors Open?
- Should door close automatically?
Health Care or Wellness Obligations
Safety is always a primary function, but, what are you obligations under the lease and under legislation?